Saturday 7 April 2012

Spring Equinox 2012_ A Celebration

This work was all photographed on the Spring Equinox of March 2012
and finalised  the same week.  I have always had
an interest in the idea of photography on the Solstice's and Equinox's as
they  are day's concerned with  the measurements of light levels.

The "Blades of Spring" image feels like a cross section of a plant or branch, the green life-force pushing up the middle shooting up to form the new bud, 
pushing the thickness of the branch outwards
calcifying and forming the new stem, twig or branch, reaching for the light.
"Blades of Spring"

"I could be fast like spring"

I am a lover of nature and I'm constantly amazed as I
watch the season unfold around me, the colours changing, scenes reacting
to the light as photo-sensitive paper does to images being exposed on it,
fading, changing, turning in time. Spring has the unique feeling
of catching you off guard, just as you've sunk into deepest winter,
Bam! there it is rushing into the world with a gracious tenancity.
The force of nature, the re-birth, the power of light.
     I hope I have captured some of  nature's energy in these images.
for the full set please visit my website;

***
I have produced a lot of work on the Equinox this year, 
so keep an eye for more material which will be uploaded soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment