Tuesday 8 July 2014

Matisse_Cut Outs at the Tate July 2014 (19 photos)



This show is genuinely incredible, I thoroughly recommend you to take the time to go and see it.
When I go and see big exhibitions like this I often take notes, they are hurried and scratchy by nature, but they help me to focus on what I am
 seeing and to remember the nature of the work afterwards, these shows usually have a lot of material in them, I could buy the books that accompany the show but it is my response that is important.

For some reason when was driving back home I had the idea to just photograph my notes and publish them, This may or may not be a good idea but I am following my instinct, so in the process of doing that I then had the idea to pay homage to the works and create some of the iconic shapes from the notes I have taken, just as a little bit of fun.

You are not allowed to take photos of the exhibition but I cheekily and discretely managed to get a couple of photos which I have included here. I have admired and been inspired by Matisse for a long time and there is something especially beguiling about his cut outs, seeing them up close has allowed me to make much more sense of why they are so effective.


















No comments:

Post a Comment